Job Opportunity: Lead Data Engineer
Location: Office-based with intermittent travel to Counter Terrorism Operations Centre (CTOC) in Earls Court, London, and potential national travel.
Contract Type: Fixed-Term (12 months)
Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) is seeking a skilled and motivated Lead Data Engineer to join the ICT team on a fixed-term contract. As a key player, you will specialise in data transformation and migration, contributing to the design, development, and implementation of essential data management strategies within CTP.
Stakeholder Collaboration: Develop relationships and collaborate with multiple data owners across CTP and partner organisations to understand data, enable data migration, and implement data improvements for solutions.
Data Solution Design: Design and develop data solutions aligning with both business and technical platform requirements.
Technical Documentation: Create relevant technical documentation, including HLD, LLD, source and target data models, migration strategy, testing, and quality metrics.
Strategic Vision: Ensure data solutions align with the strategic technical and business vision of CTP.
Data Governance: Ensure data integrity, security, and compliance with relevant regulations such as GDPR, Data-Protection, and Management of Police Information.
Technical Leadership: Provide a hands-on technical approach, taking ownership of designs from a high-level strategic perspective down to low-level design, configuration, and installation detail.
Project Lifecycle Participation: Engage throughout the project lifecycle, defining and refining data requirements, assisting in the transition to production environments.
Best Practices: Provide advice and experience on data management best practices.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with individuals at all levels.
- Understanding of networking and systems analysis.
- Experience in working on large-scale Business Change and IT-enabled Transformation Programmes.
- Experience in a complex, high-profile political environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Government Security Classification (GSC) and related security policies and guidelines.
- Experience in developing data model architecture and design, including designing and developing data migration plans for RBMS systems.
- Ability to hold SC STRAP security clearance to operate in the CTP environment and with partners.
This role will be office-based, with intermittent travel to the Counter Terrorism Operations Centre (CTOC) in Earls Court, London, and potential national travel based on stakeholder engagements.
How to Apply:
If you possess the necessary skills and experience and are ready to contribute to the vital work of Counter Terrorism Policing, please submit your CV to Lewis.Ashcroft@Servicecare.org.uk. Highlight your relevant experience and address how your skills align with the key responsibilities outlined above.
Join us in the challenging and rewarding field of counter-terrorism, where your expertise in data engineering will play a critical role. We look forward to receiving your