Job Title: Leasehold Officer
Type: Temp ongoing
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Billericay, who are looking for someone to deal with all aspects of formal consultation for major works and service contracts to fully comply with Section 20 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 (as amended) to ensure full recovery of the company's incurred costs. You will be expected to manage conflicting priorities, work to deadlines as well as advise on varying leasehold issues.
- To be the point of contact for queries and advice, externally and internally concerning leases, leasehold management, and the liability of leaseholders to contribute to S20 expenditure.
- Interpret long leases to ensure consultation for works is undertaken in accordance with the provisions of the lease.
- Work with colleagues and external consultants to ensure consultation required for the procurement of contracts is undertaken correctly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare applications to the First Tier Property Tribunal for dispensation from consultation where necessary.
- Prepare cases for Court, Mediation and Tribunals, attending and giving evidence where necessary.
- Work closely with Property Services and other teams within the company to ensure the effective delivery of the service.
- To ensure file reports are produced and that all files and CRM kept up to date and in order. Training To participate in staff meetings and training courses as required.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (as amended) and ensure these are carried out correctly.
- Previous experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org