Leaving Care Personal Advisor
Worcestershire County Council are seeking passionate Personal Advisors who have a desire to work with 16 to 18-year-olds in supporting living properties across the county.
As a member of the team, you will work within a multi-agency team supporting the young people achieve their ASDAN qualifications, prepare for independence post-18, support with education and employment opportunities, building supportive networks in the community, supporting UASC (unaccompanied Asylum seeking children) with their needs in settling into their new community, supporting them to budget, cook and clean.
You will need to be passionate in giving young people the best opportunities and outcomes possible, as well as flexible, hardworking and approachable. The young people within the service are care experienced and can have significant mental health concerns, and have high-risk behaviours, and collaborative working across the wider service of this company is imperative.
- Support young people achieve their ASDAN qualifications
- Prepare young people for independence post-18
- Support young people with education and employment opportunities
- Build supportive networks in the community
- Support UASC with their needs in settling into their new community
- Support young people to budget, cook and clean
- Collaborate with the wider service of this company
- Passionate in giving young people the best opportunities and outcomes possible
- Flexible, hardworking and approachable
- Experience in supporting young people with significant mental health concerns and high-risk behaviours
- Experience in collaborative working within a multi-agency team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- DBS check required
If you are passionate about supporting young people to achieve their full potential, please apply with your CV