Service Care Legal are currently recruiting on behalf of a local authority in the East Midlands are who are seeking a Legal Assistant to join the Adult Social Care legal team in progressing matters through to completion.
ROLE: Legal Assistant
LOCATION: East Midlands, remote working available
RATE: £12.50 per hour to £14per hour
CONTRACT: 3 months ongoing, 37 hours per week
- To assist the Senior Lawyers and the Lawyers in progressing Adult Social Care casefiles from start through to completion
- Provide legal advice and assistance to the Adult Care department, to include but not limited to matters of safeguarding, mental capacity, ordinary residence and section 117 disputes.
- To assist with the wider Adult Social Care team with general duties
- A law graduate (LPC, LLM or LLB) with at least 6 months of Paralegal or Legal Assistant work experience
- It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of working within a Adult Social Care legal department
- To have the ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- A strong work ethic with good team working skills is essential
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest for you or someone you know then please contact Hugh Barnes on 01772 208969 , or email Hugh.Barnes@servicecare.org.uk.
We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.