Service Care Legal are recruiting on behalf of a local authority in the East Midlands region who are seeking a Legal Assistant to join their Childcare Legal department on a contract basis. Please find below further details about the role and the person profile. This role would be for an immediate start.
ROLE: Legal Assistant - Childcare Law
LOCATION: East Midlands
RATE: £12.50 to £15.56 per hour
CONTRACT: 3 month rolling contract, 37 hours per week
Please note that fully remote working can be supported.
- To support the team of Safeguarding Lawyers along with the other Legal Assistants within the team
- The work will include preparation of bundles and drafting applications, consent orders and other documents within care proceedings
- You will also be dealing with routine matters as well as assistant with fast-paced ah-hoc queries and support
- To attend the office each Tuesday
- A legal qualification (i.e LPC / LLM / LLB) would be highly advantageous for this position
- At least 6 months' worth of Paralegal or Legal Assistant experience would be required, ideally within family law
- Previous local authority experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of the processing of fee notes and dealing with chambers will be an advantage
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please contact Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969 , or email Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.