Service Care Legal are recruiting on behalf of a local authority in the East London region who are seeking a Legal Assistant to join their Childcare Legal department on a contract basis. Please find below further details about the role and the person profile. This role would be for an immediate start.
ROLE: Legal Assistant - Childcare Law
LOCATION: East London
RATE: £17.27 per hour umbrella
CONTRACT: 3-6 months potentially ongoing, 35 hours per week
- To support the team of Safeguarding Lawyers along with the other Legal Assistants within the team
- The work will include preparation of bundles and drafting applications, consent orders and other documents within care proceedings
- You will also be dealing with routine matters as well as assistant with fast-paced ah-hoc queries and support
- To attend the office each Tuesday
- A legal qualification (i.e LPC / LLM or LLB) would be highly advantageous for this position
- At least 6 months' worth of Paralegal or Legal Assistant experience would be required, ideally within family law
- Previous local authority experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of the processing of fee notes and dealing with chambers will be an advantage
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please contact Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969, or email Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.