A Local Authority client based in Merseyside is currently recruiting for a Major Projects, Project Manager to join their Highways and Transportation team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading and ensuring the efficient delivery of Highways and Transportation Capital Programmes.
The main purpose of the role is to manage and develop the Major Highways Infrastructure division as a whole for the local authority.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- To develop and deliver the City Council's £500m Highways Capital Programme ensuring the strategic aims of the City Council, as set out in the Inclusive Growth Plan, are met.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders ensuring delivery of the programmed is managed to maintain the operation of the city's transport network.
- To act as the strategic lead on all communications issues in relation to the Highways Capital Programme.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the needs, concerns and expectations of local business and residential communities and ensure they are considered as part of the highway management and maintenance process.
- Effectively manage the Major Highways Infrastructure Division including setting objectives and managing performance.
- Ensure the effective management, strategic direction, development and promotion of the Major Highways Infrastructure Division in accordance with all relevant professional standards and legislative requirements.
- A relevant Civil Engineering qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development related to one or more aspects of physical regeneration and development, which reflects commitment to effective management in a large organisation.
- Significant experience at a senior level in a complex and demanding Highways Project Delivery environment.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of high quality highway related projects and services.
- Experience of working in a diverse and developing environment where you have been instrumental in managing change success fully.*
- Experience of presenting related issues to senior managers and associated member bodies.*
- Development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures in line with current government legislation, local priorities and national best practice.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £700 - £750 p/day Umbrella Ltd (approx. £1800 - £1900 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!