Experienced Team Manager is required to manage a busy MASH Team. The MASH team screen all safeguarding contacts and complete S42 enquires. The Team Manager is responsible to lead a team of Experienced Social Workers and Advanced Practitioners ensuring risks are appropriately managed and social work practice meets the required standards.
- Ensure that all contacts/referrals are signposted to or allocated to appropriate staff quickly and efficiently, enabling a professional decision to be made by the relevant workers in line with agreed standards.
- Ensure workloads are managed within the agreed guidelines for casework.
- Work collaboratively with partners and other professionals to drive the quality of the service provided to children, young people and their families.
- Oversee and scrutinise practice, evidenced through case audit, supervision and observations.
- Undertake effective, reflective supervision, holding practitioners to account where poor performance is identified and providing appropriate support and guidance.
- Guide and support the professional development of team members, recognising and nurturing talent so that employees reach their full potential.
- Oversee social work interventions where the voice of the child is heard, fully considered and acted upon.
- Maximise financial capacity and support others in managing and sustaining value for money, challenging the team to identify, analyse and share best financial opportunities.
- Create an environment where clear communication and engagement supports a culture of openness and transparency: where employees feel empowered, valued and listened to.
What is required?
- SW Degree/Dip SW.
- Registered HCPC.
- Significant experience of dealing with complex cases carrying risk of harm.
- Extensive experience of managing a team within a Social Care environment.
- 5 Years Reference.
- Minimum 2 days a week in the office.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who may be interested and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250!!
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.