Role: Specialist Technical Support Level 4 (Network Infrastructure Engineer)
Pay Rate: £46,674 - £52,389 Plus a 10% Market Supplement reviewed on 1st April 2024
Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team and providing some local supervision of work colleagues as required, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end-to-end ICT Service for West Mercia Police. To provide a high level of technical support across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers, ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications, and equipment.
- To provide a technical support Level 4 capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem-solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high-quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
- To deliver an effective, high-quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
- To provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- To help create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- To diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary, ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification, and resolution.
- ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification.
- Professional Management qualification (Level 5), or equivalent.
- ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
- Significant knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications, their use, and application.
- Vast experience working within physical and virtual teams, helping to manage workloads.
- Substantial experience in problem-solving, solutions development, and system management.
- Significant experience of supporting a diverse user base on both hardware and software-related issues.
- Complex issue triage, problem investigation, and coordination to closure, including major incidents.
- Significant experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage, various OS environments, and Business applications.
- Ability to drive complex application recoveries in a high-pressure area.
To apply, please send your CV to Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk or call 01772 208962.