A full time permanent position has become available for a Outreach Worker based in Reading, Berkshire. We are looking for someone that holds experience in a healthcare setting in order to provide support and care to homecare carers who needs additional support in those they are caring for.
SCS offer a £250 candidate referral bonus once successfully placed if you may know anyone who may be interested!
Location - Reading, Berkshire
Contract - Temp to perm or Permanent
Shift Times - Shift times vary due to role anytime from 7am - 7pm
Hours - Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Permanent Salary - £21,000 per annum
Agency Pay Rate - £12 - £13 ph Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a nationwide care charity providing support for thousands of carers across the country and the people they care for. Your role will be to empower carers increasing their confidence and self-independence in the care they are giving to people. Care packages can vary significantly, both elderly and young clients ultimately covering all areas of care. If needed, you will be sign posting your client more specialised services and organisations specific to the care plan you are assigned to. Preferably, we are looking for someone that has prior care experience within a community setting and is a driver to be able to commute to the location they are assigned to which is one client at a time in order to provide comprehensive support. Expenses are provided as well as a full paid training and induction program and other benefits such as blue light discount card scheme.
- Work on an individual basis with carers using personalised support and actions plans.
- Build warm, trusting and supportive relationship with our clients, providing encouragement to help them live rich and fulfilling lives.
- Complete carers assessments as part of a pilot project with local councils
- Work as part of a help desk team which includes using a phone, email and website to provide guidance and support
- Essential to have previous experience in a care setting
- Must be a driver
- Preferable to have a qualification in related subject field e.g. NVQ in health and social care
- Preferable to have previous community based experience
- Must have reasonable availability in their flexibility
If you are interested in applying please contact Tom Millar at email@example.com or call 01772 208963