Service Care Legal are recruiting on behalf of a London Borough Council who are seeking a Prosecutions Paralegal to join their team on a contract basis. Please find below further details regarding this position.
ROLE: Prosecutions Paralegal
LOCATION: North East London / hybrid
RATE: £14.00 to £18.00 per hour
CONTRACT: 3 months ongoing
- To assist the Senior Lawyers and Lawyers progress and manage caseloads of Litigation matters, predominantly related to prosecutions
- To support and ensuring that Summonses for non-payment of fixed penalty notices are prepared and issued on time under the Magistrates Court Single Justice Procedure
- To liaise effectively with our clients and our clients' external contractors
- A legal-related academic qualification (LPC, LLM or LLC) or qualified through experience
- It is essential that the successful candidate has at least 6 months' worth of Litigation experience, preferably in relation to prosecutions
- Previous public sector working experience would be desirable but not essential
- The successful candidate must be extremely organised, able to deal with high volumes of summonses, able to work efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please feel free to reach out to Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969 , or email Lloyd.firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.