Service Care Solutions are looking for a Pensions Advisor to work within the Lancashire Constabulary on a 3-month contact.
Location: Hutton, Preston
To support the Pay and Pensions Manager in the delivery of pensions related issues and specific projects and to provide specialist advice to the Chief Officer Management team on pensions specific matters spanning the Constabulary. To ensure that decision making, and policy & discretionary arrangements are in place to provide a framework for the effective management and administration of the Constabulary's pension schemes.
- Support regional pension boards, set agendas, and drive issue resolution.
- Lead policy changes for pension compliance.
- Stay updated on national pension-related issues.
- Ensure adherence to regulations, policies, and national guidance.
- Ensure timely fulfilment of pension-related statutory obligations.
- Manage third-party pension administration contracts, including negotiation and performance management.
- Collaborate with providers and staff associations on pension services.
- Review third-party administration for quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Represent the constabulary at regional and national events and collaborate with pension groups.
- Ensure efficient processes and continuous improvement in pension administration.
- Arrange and assist in pension-related training for constabulary personnel.
- Address complex pension-related issues as needed.
- Assist in achieving HR performance targets and SLAs.
- Develop internal channels for pension awareness.
- Ensure data quality and security for pension schemes.
- Foster connections with internal and external partners and lead meetings and projects.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as required.
- Significant experience working at a senior level within a large and diverse public sector pensions arena.
- Knowledge of public sector pensions and in particular the Police Pension Scheme(s) and the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Experience of producing and presenting high level management reports and information to inform management decisions at Board level.
- Experience of communicating in relation to complex pensions issues in a clear and simple manner at all levels throughout the organisation and providing technical advice.
- Experience of managing third party contractual arrangements including managing performance and ensuring standards & services are met.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated area and of developing associated policies and procedures to ensure legislatives requirements are met.
- Experience of managing risk including raising and escalating issue as necessary and at the appropriate level.
- Experience of managing multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- A level 5 qualification in a related discipline or willingness to work towards within 24 months of appointment.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion, please contact Lewis O'Donnell either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively, if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested, please feel free to refer them as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.