Pensions Team Leader
Contract: Temporary (5 Months Initial)
Rate: £300 - 350 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Service Care Finance are currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority in London for a Pensions Team Leader on a temporary basis. The Pensions Team Leader will report into the Head of Treasury & Pensions and will manage 7 Pensions staff within the Pensions Administration team.
- Lead officer responsible for the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme, including managing the implementation of relevant legislative changes.
- Assist the Head of HR Operations in the management of the £30m (annually) pensioners' payroll
- Assist the Head of Treasury and Pensions in managing and the £65m Pension Fund income and expenditure budget
- Provide advice and support to the Pensions Committee and other member committees and senior management boards on pension related matters
- Manage all the aspects of the unit's performance management, ensuring that a high quality service is provided to the scheme's 18,500 members
- In-depth working knowledge of pension statute, Finance Act and HMRC legislation
- Good knowledge of the legislation and governance structure underpinning the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Extensive experience in pension management within public sector pensions administration
- Knowledge of pensions related cross functional disciplines (e.g. AXISe/Altair, SAP functionality) to enable analysis of and resolution to the most complex functional issues
- Great communication, management and organisational skills in order to maintain an efficient service
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Greg at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.