A Local Authority based in Merseyside is currently recruiting for a Property Surveyor to join their regeneration team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will be a RICS qualified Surveyor and have experience working within a Local Authority environment.
The purpose of the role is to develop and deliver programmes and/or individual schemes for the successful disposal of the Council's vacant housing stock including option appraisals, undertaking RICS Red Book valuations and the negotiations and settlement of terms.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting Adult Services and Children's Services to review the service areas accommodation requirements for vulnerable and supported children and adults. This will include accommodation for looked after children; foster care homes; key worker homes; accommodation for rough sleepers and homeless people; and accommodation in a range of extra care settings
- Develop financial models on an invest to save basis to enable the Council to acquire/develop its own supported/specialist housing accommodation.
- Identify opportunities for the acquisition and/or creation of new build supported/specialist housing accommodation
- RICS qualified (minimum of 5 years).
- 5 -10 years property experience, preferably including working in a local government environment
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £25 - £27 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx. £620 - £665 p/week NET after deductions) dependant on experience and qualifications. So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!