A client within the public sector in Southwark is currently recruiting for a Principal Property Surveyor to join their property team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have good all round knowledge of the law and practice in relation to property management and ability to adapt this to both a complex transport environment and public sector constraints.
The purpose of the role is to undertake and be accountable for the delivery of all day-to-day Property Management services covering their portfolios including;
Manage lease renewals, vacations, new lettings, rent reviews, lease variations, dilapidation claims, litigation and other contractual and statutory processes for residential and commercial property.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Overseeing rental valuation of freehold and leasehold property
- Responsible for management of voids in your portfolio, leading to minimize void periods and advise on maximizing rental income, working closely with Asset Management and Development to achieve best value
- Lead, motivate and develop team and any external suppliers, to ensure the achievement of overall financial and PM objectives, via continuous improvement and agreed ways of working.
- Lead the financial output of the team from budget planning, income management, reporting to measurement against milestones, constantly reviewing to ensure best value is driven from the portfolio, in terms of income and expenditure and recovery of costs
- Ensure that the portfolio is managed in accordance with relevant systems and the current range of Property Management policies.
- Undertake negotiations in the most complex cases and oversee valuations and negotiations of team members, in respect of lease renewals and rent reviews and other matters associated with lease agreements with tenants. Seek out advice from the Senior Property Manager on more complex matters or those outside the sphere of experience.
- Ensure that all commercial accountable transactions, recharges and other services are provided in a timely, accurate and effective manner in accordance with contractual obligations, data management and service level agreements.
- Educated to Degree level and experienced MRICS or FRICS professional with minimum of 6-10 post qualification experience and minimum of 3 years management experience
- Good all round knowledge of the law and practice in relation to property management and ability to adapt this to both a complex transport environment and public sector constraints.
- Detailed technical property knowledge in relation to landlord and tenant legislation, negotiations, rental valuations and complex and technically demanding cases, with an understanding of town planning, valuation, facilities management and building surveying principles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of property accounts, including financial planning and management accounts with ability to plan and set budgets across team wide portfolio of properties including complex cases, keep forecasts up to date to ensure budget delivery.
- The job holder should have substantial relevant experience general practice surveying.
- Demonstrate proven ability to deal with the most complicated surveying matters
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £400 p/day Umbrella Ltd (approx. £1175 p/week NET after deductions). So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!