Probation Service Officer
The job holder will undertake the full range of work with offenders before and after sentence. This will include assessment, sentence implementation, offender management and producing reports.
LOCATION: Hammersmith, London
HOURS: 37. hours
PAY RATE: £20.85 - £22.92 (Depending on experience)
Full Job Description
- To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed as low or medium risk of harm and to support the Probation Officer grade in high risk cases.
- When providing case manager support, to contribute to the delivery of the Risk Management plan and report significant changes relating to risk of harm and/or of reoffending or any non-compliance within agreed enforcement procedures
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensure effective referrals to services and facilities and communicate with offender management staff, interventions staff, service providers and external agencies to review progress and associated risks.
- To undertake prison, home or alternate location visits as required in accordance with service procedures and policies.
- To undertake work in the court setting, including the completion of appropriate reports on cases and prosecution of breaches.
- Experience of working and supporting a diverse range of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties, including working with groups and individuals to motivate and change behaviour.
- Experience of making effective referrals to and managing relationships between external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity good practice
Anyone interested should call Mark on 01772 208962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org