Research & Analysis Officer - London Violence Reduction Unit
Location: London, UK
Duration: 12 months
Pay: £26.24 per hour
At London's Violence Reduction Unit (VRU), we firmly believe that violence is preventable, not inevitable. Our mission is to support London's communities and improve the lives of its residents through data-driven, evidence-based approaches. We're dedicated to stopping violence before it happens, focusing on prevention and early intervention. We use research, data, and intelligence to understand the root causes of violence and take action to prevent it, both in the short term and long term. Our team of specialists collaborates with communities, councils, the NHS, public health, law enforcement, educational institutions, and charities to drive positive change. We are the voice and champions for young people, families, and communities in London.
We're excited to offer a rare opportunity for a Research & Analysis Officer to join our team for up to one year. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in developing a data-driven, evidence-based approach to preventing violence. You will work closely with our Research & Evaluation leads to embed evidence-informed practice within the VRU and contribute to our understanding of 'what works' in reducing violence.
- Utilize your research and analytical skills to contribute to our mission.
- Manage and analyze data using various analytical software.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and present complex information to senior stakeholders.
- Apply your knowledge and experience to identify challenges and improve public services using evidence and data.
- Implement systems for data collection and feedback to capture user and community experiences.
- Develop innovative methods to communicate and visualize data effectively.
- Experience with analytical software, including Power BI, Python, and R Studio.
- Proficiency in coding languages.
- Knowledge and experience in data management and analysis.
- Ability to work closely with program managers to determine data collection needs.
- Skills in data manipulation and data preparation for visual presentation.
- Experience in creating data dashboards.
- Strong communication skills to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- A degree in data science, research, analysis, or a related field.
- Experience in working in a public sector environment is an advantage.
- Familiarity with data commissioning and research projects.
- Proficiency in different research methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative.
- Willingness to work closely with delivery partners and participate in site visits where the VRU delivers programs.
- Keen interest in working with communities and understanding how your role can contribute to our mission.
- The role is office-based for two days a week, with Tuesdays being mandatory. The second office day can be chosen by the candidate.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on London's communities, and you have the required skills and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to Lewis.Ashcroft@servicecare.org.uk.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated Research & Analysis Officer to our team and working together to prevent violence in London.