JOB TITLE: Resettlement Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
WEEKLY HOURS: 40 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Working shifts 8-4.30/9.30 - 6pm
Recovery hub providing accommodation and support to homeless men and women, some of whom will have a history of trauma and complex needs. Within a psychologically informed environment, service users are supported using the recovery model to stabilize their substance use and/or mental health, establish networks of support, manage their health, well-being, welfare and move-on towards independent support.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of motivating service users to address their support needs, build resilience, overcome barriers to moving on successfully.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies to ensure that integrated and personalised support services are provided for all our service users.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in a hostel setting, including dealing with emergencies and lone working.
- Knowledge, empathy, understanding and proven ability to work creatively and engage homeless people whose substance misuse/ complex trauma has had significant effect on their physical and mental health, social and coping skills.
- Previous employment or personal experience of providing care and/ or support to others.
- Understanding the needs of homelessness in maintaining their independence.
- Ability to keep accurate records, following administrative procedures and confidentiality guidelines.
- Awareness of professional boundaries and how to manage these.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Shift (8am-4.30pm or 9.30 - 6pm)