We are seeking a reliable and experienced Residential Assistant to join their team in Islington. As a Residential Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in the supervision of residents in accordance with policy and practice under the direction and guidance of managers and relevant staff where necessary. You will also staff and supervise the Approved Premises during designated shifts, referring serious incidents to designated on-call Manager and adhere to the procedure of completing incident reports as necessary. If you have experience working with complex and vulnerable people and an understanding of residential setting within the Criminal Justice System, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Residential Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the supervision of residents in accordance with policy and practice under the direction and guidance of managers and relevant staff where necessary.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a healthy, safe and productive work environment, including familiarising and using appropriate health and safety equipment. Monitoring and recording Health and Safety checks and related issues.
- Creating effective and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Representing the Approved Premises and this company in a professional and competent manner. Attending supervision and appraisal meetings as required.
- Participating in training and development activities.
- Reporting any maintenance or security issues in accordance with procedures.
- Conducting curfew checks, wellbeing checks, fire alarm tests, room searches, clearing of residents' room as required and monitoring CCTV equipment.
- Maintaining an active presence in the AP at all times. Regularly engaging with residents in a pro-social manner. Contributing towards the protection of residents, e.g. monitor in line with risk assessments.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including English and Maths), or equivalent qualification or relevant work experience with the ability to evidence high level numeracy and literacy skills needed to read, understand and interpret policies and the ability to write reports and correspondence for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people who have understanding of a range of social and personal difficulties, ideally those with experience of the Criminal Justice System.
- Experience of working in a residential setting.
- Experience of working with people with challenging behaviour.
- An understanding of the underlying issues which contribute to offending behaviour.
- Understanding of the risk management of service users.
- Understanding of good Health and Safety practice.
- Understanding of good anti-discriminatory practice.
- Good oral, written, administration and IT communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to relate to residents in both support and authority roles.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to the values of this company and an understanding of its ethos.
Salary and Benefits
The Residential Assistant will receive a salary of £27,832.00-£29,187.00 per year, depending on experience. In addition to a competitive salary, the company also offers the following benefits:
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Residential Assistant position and meet the requirements listed above, please apply now by submitting your CV to mark.white@Servicecare.org.uk or call 01772 208962