Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a resourcing assistant to work for a police force in West Yorkshire, please see the job description below and for more information or to apply please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
To provide support to all managers and staff in respect of the activities of Resourcing and to provide an effective end to end process for the recruitment and deployment of police officers, police staff, specials and volunteers.
Day to Day
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- Provide a first point of contact for candidates and assist candidates with any application queries to assist with the promotion of the West Yorkshire Police brand.
- Administer and process the resourcing steps as required (including advertising, short listing, interviewing, assessment, arrangement of vetting, communication with HR teams in the clusters, communication with applicants and the writing of acceptance or rejection letters) for all applications and promotions for assigned areas or processes of responsibility for police officers, police staff, specials and volunteers to meet the needs of the Force.
- Prepare and issue letters of appointment, statements of particulars (Contracts of Employment) and induction papers for all new police staff starters across the Force.
- Administer and process the resourcing steps, including the exit interview process, as required for police officers and staff leaving the Force on the grounds of retirement, Regulation A19 and all other reasons.
- Update and maintain computer databases to ensure that the Force has an accurate and up to date record of postings, promotions, temporary promotions, succession plans, transfer requests and tenures and understands the numbers of police officers, police staff, specials and volunteers to assist with profiling the workforce mix.
- Undertake skills matching to provide an efficient and effective service to redeploy officers and staff affected by organisational change or other formal HR processes, in order to deliver change economically and comply with legislative requirements.
- Provide a HR support function for seconded officers and staff of all ranks, maintain contact and provide administrative support during their secondment and assist in their return to Force.
- To undertake any other HR work as directed, including working at different locations, in order to provide business continuity and to enable the HR team as a whole to fulfil force-wide needs. to day