Restart Employment Officer - Shropshire County Council
Department - Employment team - Social Care
Start Date - 06/11/2023
Location - Shrewsbury
Hours per week - 37 hours
Salary - £14.00 an hour
Employment Officers actively help and support unemployed participants to successfully find employment through face-to-face meetings. They communicate effectively and build relationships with jobseekers and employers across a wide geographical area - mainly in Shropshire.
- be able to communicate effectively with our customers many of whom have significant barriers to employment. Must be able to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and customer service.
- be able to deliver agreed provisions and services peripatetically.
- conduct one-to-one interviews and Initial Assessments. Responsible for inducting customers onto provision and developing Individual Learning / Action Plans, which will include:
- Job outcomes
- Qualification / achievement
- be responsible for giving continuous advice, guidance and support to ensure participants retention and achievement.
- ability to contact employers to encourage them to offer vacancies/work experience placements and monitoring placements to ensure compliance with our Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding Procedures.
- be responsible for regularly reviewing customers progress against the Individual Learning & Development Plan to ensure targets are met. Where targets are not being met, or progress towards achieving them is slower than anticipated, the reasons for this are identified and addressed.
- be confident in marketing customers to local employers and preparing them for interview.
What is required?
- You must be able to work under pressure, meet targets and deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standard of quality and customer service.
- Ideally, you will have experience of a similar role or be able to demonstrate that you have the skills and understanding to deliver support of this type.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.