Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Secretary/Personal Assistant to work for a police force in Greater Manchester. For more information please contact Lewis on 01772 208962.
Contract: 6 Months+
To provide a full secretarial/PA service to the Branch Commander/s and SLT/s including:
▪ maintaining diaries, arranging meetings and managing and categorising Branch Commander/s workflow and in conjunction with Branch Commander/s, assessing need to attend meetings.
▪ provide confidential typing/word processing service, producing letters, memos, reports and actions.
▪ progress chasing on specific issues as requested
▪ screen telephone calls, assisting or redirecting as appropriate.
▪ arrange and attend meetings for the purpose of taking actions.
▪ take shorthand and dictation as required.
▪ to deal with all incoming and outgoing post for the Branch SLT/s
▪ screening e.mails (as required) for the Branch Commander/s
▪ receiving visitors to the Branch/es and arranging hospitality, as appropriate
To provide a general typing/word processing service to the Branch/es.
To maintain an efficient, confidential filing system including indexing, cross-referencing and information retrieval (as the Force moves onto the Microsoft platform and Sharepoint, this will become electronic rather than physical filing)
To ensure any relevant papers are ready for meetings as appropriate (the need for this will reduce as the Force moves to "paperless" meetings) and to make all the necessary arrangements for the hosting of meetings.
Prepare briefing information for meetings, as required. This includes requesting comments/briefings from other members of staff.
Liaise with senior members of staff on the Branch Commander/s behalf to ensure coordination of activity. In his/her absence, take any necessary action and monitor actions to ensure that urgent matters are dealt with by appropriate members of staff.
Liaise with and maintain good relations with external organisations eg Police Authority, HMIC, Local Authority and other partners and agencies as required, as well as other Branches and Divisions in the Force.
▪ On behalf of the Branch Commander/s, ensure as appropriate, the initial action, processing, re-routing and/or retention of the relevant confidential data and documentation relating to:
- postings, transfers, retirements and resignations
- tenure, promotions and 'acting' arrangements
- grievances, discipline and complaints, including the preparation of antecedent histories, as required.
- branch establishment and personal records
- awards, commendations and 'Good Work' minutes
- Occupational Health matters, including recuperative/restricted deployment information
As required, make arrangements for Branch events, away days and commendation ceremonies.
Responsible for the ordering and maintaining supplies of stationery, envelopes and computer consumables for the Branch (NOT for those Branches located in NFHQ).