I am currently recruiting on behalf of a Local Authority for an Accounts Technician in Northamptonshire (Hybrid) to provide professional support to budget managers across the services and provide support to the key financial processes.
ROLE: Accounts Technician
LOCATION: Northamptonshire (Hybrid)
CONTRACT: 3 Months (Ongoing)
PAY: £25 per hour Umbrella
The Role of Accounts Technician
- To develop, implement and deliver processes and systems to support the effective financial control of Children's Services Budget resources.
- To provide professional support and guidance to budget managers including professional challenge, profiling and the identification of risk.
- To review and co-ordinate processes and systems for the management of children's services budgets including forecasting models, payments to providers, developing relationships with budget managers and commissioners across the organisation
- To provide financial advice and support to Budget managers in assessing business options; including interpreting and analysing complex financial and non financial information.
- To provide support to managers responsible for government grant funded schemes to ensure all appropriate returns and monitoring are completed. These include Troubled Families, Looked after Children and Early Years.
- To work closely and jointly with the other service members as required to ensure continuity of support for Children Services and undertake other tasks as appropriate to the role to meet the needs of the business.
- Support the development of improved financial awareness of budget managers and staff through the development and organisation of management training.
The Person required for Accounts Technician
- Experience in a similar role within local authority and understanding of childrens services
- An expert in using various IT packages (including Microsoft Office and specific financial systems) with significant experience of using.
- Working towards AAT or finance related qualification
Benefits of this Accounts Technician Role
- Hybrid working with flexibility to work from home and only 1 days a week in office on a Tuesday
- High possibility of extension to contract due to workload requirements
- Weekly payroll for the entirety of the contract
If you are interested in the role of Accounts Technician, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Tim at Service Care Solutions
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.