Service Care Solutions are looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to work in Leeds. You'll be part of a multi-disciplinary team. You'll work alongside other designers, front end developers, researchers and software engineers. You'll deliver world class services designed for the people who use them, in line with the governments Digital Service Standard.
Interaction Designers design accessible public services simple enough for everyone to use. They create digital services that work across different channels, devices, browsers and platforms.
This role may involve the creation of or change to design patterns which are being researched in services. This role is about seeing the bigger picture as well as the fine detail. It's about being able to create just enough of a prototype to help the wider team learn about user needs for a given scenario.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will:
- Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services.
- Define elements - layout, design patterns, controls and actions.
- Work with different types of content and user-led interactions.
- Work across digital and non-digital channels.
- Be familiar with the technical side of design.
- Have demonstrable experience of working from a digital perspective and experience of sketching, prototyping and iterative design.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have demonstrable experience of using a user-centred design approach and of explaining design decisions and communicating ideas in a way that other people understand.
- Be able to lead a workshop and help the design process work effectively, plan user research, interpret research and data.
- Have demonstrable experience of handling constructive criticism of your work and constructively reviewing other people's work.
- Have demonstrable experience of putting forward the case for design to senior stakeholders and product owners and working at pace in an agile environment.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in technical teams in complex environments.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Have experience of working directly with front-end code to update prototypes - skills in HTML, CSS and java script aren't essential, but all our designers learn the basics.
- Be able to write for user interfaces.
If you are interested in this role or want further discussion please contact Chris Wheeler either via email: email@example.com or tel: 01772208962. Alternatively if you have any friend or colleagues that might be interested please feel free to refer them, as we a have a £250 referral scheme in place.