Service Care Legal are recruiting on behalf of a local authority in North London, who are seeking a Senior Paralegal and a Paralegal to join their Housing Litigation legal team on a contract basis. Please find below further details regarding this position.
ROLE: Senior Paralegal and Paralegal (Housing Litigation)
LOCATION: North London
RATE: £25.00 to £32.00 per hour
CONTRACT: 36 hours per week, 3 months ongoing
- To assist the Housing Litigation Lawyers in progressing full caseloads of Housing Litigation matters through to completion
- Cases will be a mixture of matters including disrepair, homelessness, Anti-social behaviour, possession claims and injunctions
- To have conduct of a caseload, attend case conferences and carry out negotiations on behalf of the Council
- To prepare cases for litigation, ensuring that all evidence, statements and summons are properly prepared and served and all parties are aware of and meet their deadlines
- A legal academic qualification (LPC / LLM / LLB) or relevant experience would be essential for this position
- Previous working experience of Housing Litigation for a minimum of 6 months would be essential for this role
- Work at a local authority, housing association or government body would be highly desirable for this position
- Experience in the drafting of documents for litigation matters and previously managing your own caseload would be expected
If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please feel free to reach out to Lloyd Stanley on 01772 208969 , or email Lloyd.email@example.com. We also welcome referrals for this position, where a successful recommendation would be worth £250.