Senior Press Officer needed with West Sussex County Council
Start Date- ASAP
Location - Chichester
Duration - Initially 5 months
Hours per week - 37 hours per week
Salary - £18.35 per hour
Offering a mix of office and remote working
- As a Senior Press Officer in the Communications & Engagement Team, you'll be responsible for planning and delivering a year-round programme of communications, primarily for our Adult Services and Public Health directorate, as well as supporting the team.
- As a Press Officer you will be working on several challenging an interrelated projects at one time, you will provide an effective media handling and communications service, ensuring the County Council's messages are open and transparent.
- As a Senior Press Officer, you will be delivering communications through a number of different channels including digital and social media platforms, engaging closely with local, regional and national news and other media outlets, and supporting internal communications to staff.
What is required?
- National Council Training for Journalists (NCTJ) or similar journalistic qualification (equivalent to graduate level), or have experience demonstrating a thorough understanding of media activities and communication styles.
- Significant experience working as a journalist, press officer or communications officer producing high quality accurate and timely communications.
If you are interested please call Erin Webbe on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - email@example.com
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS;
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast track online services free of charge.