Service Care Solutions are recruiting for a Specialist Technical Support Level 3 and 4 to work for a police force in Worcestershire, please see the below job description and for more information contact Lewis Ashcroft on 01772 208962.
Location: Hindlip, Worcestershire
Salary : £35, 484 - Level 3
Salary: £41,718 - Level 4
Contract length: Permanent
Working as a member of the Specialist Technical Support Team and providing some local supervision of work colleagues as required, contributing to an efficient and effective Customer Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service for West Mercia Police. To provide a high level of technical support across West Mercia Police, both to internal customers and to external customers ensuring the department is offering the best level of service in terms of ICT services, specialist applications and equipment
Day to day
- To provide a technical support level.4 capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
- To deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans for resolution.
- To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective and efficient seamless service provision as required.
- To provide required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- To help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- To diagnose faults with technical systems and take appropriate action, escalating as necessary ensuring proper recording, investigation, identification and resolution.
- To lead a team, managing their welfare and ensuring high levels of motivation.
- To monitor and manage the performance of the team, identify and address issues and improve team/individual performance, ensuring adherence to professional standards.
- To assess individual capabilities and development needs and agree appropriate development plans to enable high performance and potential progression.
- To co-ordinate the work of the team, directing activities, monitoring progress and managing competing demands and priorities to ensure the best use of available resources.
- To supervise and monitor the handling of information and record keeping, ensuring alignment with legislation, policies and guidance.
- To monitor and report on team expenditure to ensure the efficient use of available budgets and maximise value for money.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within own area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation and enable continuous improvement.