Are you a Speech and Language Therapist seeking a LOCUM challenge? Do you have previous experience working with Children and Younger People suffering with complex needs?
Service Care Solutions are recruiting for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to support our established Client in the Ormskirk area. The service is an Independent Specialist Day and Residential School for Children and Younger People between the ages of 5 - 19 with ASD, Aspergers, SLCN and other learning disabilities.
Job Purpose: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: £30 p/h LTD
Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:30 -16:30
Contract: 37.5 hours per week | Part-Time will be considered (2 days minimum)
- Ensure the needs and views of our children and young people are at the heart of everything we do: offering evidence based, holistic and child-centred assessments and interventions.
- Use advanced specialist knowledge and levels of experience appropriately and effectively across a range of work practices which is underpinned by comprehensive and extensive theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- To undertake high quality assessments of children and young people and make recommendations about appropriate therapeutic interventions for each child or young person, in accordance with individual assessed needs.
- To provide line management and clinical supervision to allocated Therapies Assistants within the setting and to support Newly Qualified Speech and Language Therapists within the setting
- To work closely with children, young people, their parents and staff to ensure a personalised plan of delivery.
- To identity training needs, develop and facilitate training sessions to staff and parents/carers.
- To prepare high-quality reports and quality assure reports.
- To role model to all children and young people, education and care colleagues how to promote self-esteem and positive relationships.
- To attend monthly, clinical and line management supervision. To complete progress reviews monthly in the first 6 months and then termly.
- Psychology Qualification
- HCPC Registration
- Experience working with Children and Younger People with complex needs
- Full School Holidays / 35 Days including Bank Holidays
- Family Healthcare Plan - Access to instant check-ups and consultations
- Car Purchase Scheme
- Career Development and Training
- Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Support
- Pension Contribution
- Life Insurance
- High-Street Vouchers and Apple Scheme
- Family Days Out
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Meals
Are you happy with your current agency? At SCS, we believe in rewarding your loyalty and hard work!
- £150 Agency Switch Bonus
- £250 Welcome Bonus
- £250 Referral Bonus