JOB TITLE: Support Worker
LOCATION: East London
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 40 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon - Sun/09.30-17.30/12.30-21.30 (Rota Basis and Possible Overnight Stay)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker within two of our homelessness services. Daniel Gilbert House is mixed gender hostel located in the busy, multicultural London. We work alongside some of the most vulnerable and complex individuals in our community. The day-to-day work involves supporting our residents to live safer, independent, and fulfilling lives and creating a positive and inspiring environment in which they can achieve their goals. We work with multiple agencies and partners in the borough to ensure our clients' needs are met, these include drug and alcohol services, housing teams and NHS teams.
- To work alongside clients and other professionals to identify recovery focused goals and to co-produce support plans to achieve outcomes.
- To work within a trauma informed, strengths based and recovery focused model which keeps the client at the heart of service delivery.
- In conjunction with colleagues assess risk and develop robust and dynamic risk management plans using a harm minimisation approach.
- To work with clients and relevant local services to plan and support move- on from the service and the resettlement of residents.
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Able to carry out comprehensive needs and risk assessments and translate these into effective client led support plans.
- Time management skills.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Mon-Sun (Rota Basis and Possible Overnight Stay)