Learning Disabilities Support Worker
A Learning Disabilities Support Worker position has become available in a residential service in Totton, Southampton, full or part time.
SCS offer a £250 candidate referral bonus once successfully placed if you may know anyone who may be interested!
Contract - Agency initially for first 3 months with option to extend or go permanent with the service
Shifts - Early Shifts, Late shifts, Long Days and Waking night.
Hours - Full-time
Pay Rate - £12 - £14 ph Ltd
Location - Totton, Southampton
A residential service which offers support for up to 6 service users needing support with moderate to severe learning disabilities and difficulties relating to their physical or mental health. You will be assisting the residents in supporting towards achieving their individual goals and care plans to live as independently and happily as possible. We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic to be able to practice positive behavioural support holding a minimum of 6 months relevant paid experience within a similar setting, committed to picking up consistent work within the service.
- Supporting service users to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner inside the service and outside in the community.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of service users - includes personal care (intimate care, attending health appointments, administering medication).
- Safeguarding procedures for service users.
- Supporting new team members.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records - preparing and implementing care plans, risk assessments, writing daily reports.
- Preferable to have NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or Care Certificate.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in the sector.
- Essential to be trained in medication management.
- Flexible to meet specific patterns of the service.
- Preferable to have a valid DBS.
- Preferable to be a driver .
Benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- £150 sign-up bonus for qualified staff
- Referral bonus of £250
- Approved supplier to over 400 organisations nationwide
- Subsidised training / FREE mandatory training
- Dedicated and experienced one-to-one consultant support
- Competitive rates of pay for temporary and fixed contract work
- Opportunity for future career development
- CV writing service
- Interview techniques coaching
- Loyalty reward scheme
If you are interested in applying please contact Tom Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208963