Service Care Solutions are looking for an experienced Learning Disability Support Worker to work in Hampshire. The position itself is required to cover shortfalls in staffing brought on by sickness, observation changes or general shortages.
We are looking for someone that has a strong level of communication to effectively be able to integrate into various different teams to enable effective collaborative working to assist service users in their recovery. You will be working mainly in forensic wards across Hampshire where patients are likely to have a criminal background with the majority presenting with personality disorder. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their knowledge of learning disabilities and really make a difference to people's lives.
Day to day you will be responsible for the ongoing care of service users working closely with the multi-disciplinary team assisting in the application of care plans set out to help their recovery. You would be expected to assist the nurse's day to day with their tasks as well as taking service users out on leave where required.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Seek to develop supportive and collaborative partnerships with service users
- Demonstrate leadership behaviours
- Be innovative, creative and solution focused
- Be open, honest and transparent
- Demonstrate a commitment to own learning and development
- Be a flexible team player and make a valuable contribution to the lives of service users
- Always safeguard service users from harm and is not afraid to blow the whistle on poor practice
- Never accept 'good enough' and always look for ways to improve quality and become the best
- Good communication skills
* Ability to work flexibility
* Basic Literacy skills
* Common sense approach to problem solving
* Basic numeracy skills
* Motivation and initiative
* Some appreciation of Mental Health problems
The company you would be working is a large provider of mental healthcare across the Southwest. If you are interested in this role or want to find out more information, please contact Arran Fitchie on 01772208962 or email firstname.lastname@example.org