An agency position has become available for a Support Worker within a supported living organisation who cares for a service user within his own home within the Lanehouse area of Weymouth.
SCS offer a £250 candidate referral bonus once successfully placed if you may know anyone who may be interested!
Contract - Agency, ongoing and regular contract
Shift Times - Long Day 9.30am - 10.30pm (sleep ins also available)
Hours - Part Time and full time hours available
Pay Rate - £12 - £14 ph Ltd
Location - Weymouth, Dorset
This role is to work within a care package for an supported living client with mild learning disabilities and autism with a high level of capacity needing support on his days off work. You will be working within a specialised nationwide care organisation who offer personalised support to those with learning disabilities. As an ongoing agency position, this role does offer some flexibility but also consistency in your hours getting you involved within other services within this community package if you wish. This client has low to moderate learning disabilities and doesn't require any personal care who is friendly with little challenging behaviour.
- Assisting with domestic activities such as washing, cleaning and paperwork.
- Taking the client into the community to help with shopping and other tasks.
- To update records in line with their care plan.
- Continue to update risk assessments.
- Prompting to take medication.
- Preferable to have NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or Care Certificate.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in the sector.
- Essential to be trained in medication management.
- Flexible to meet specific patterns of the service.
- Preferable to have a valid DBS.
- Preferable to be a driver .
Benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- £150 sign-up bonus for qualified staff
- Referral bonus of £250
- Approved supplier to over 400 organisations nationwide
- Subsidised training / FREE mandatory training
- Dedicated and experienced one-to-one consultant support
- Competitive rates of pay for temporary and fixed contract work
- Opportunity for future career development
- CV writing service
- Interview techniques coaching
- Loyalty reward scheme
If you are interested in applying please contact Tom Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208963