A full time Support Worker position has become available in a learning disabilities residential service in Rushden, Northamptonshire. The service is recruiting for a staff member that is ideally wanting to work daytime shifts full time.
Contract - Agency initially for first 3 months with potential option to extend or go permanent with the service.
Hours - Full-time & Part-time
Shift Requirements - Daytime shifts
Shift Times - 7:15 am - 2.30 pm - 2.15pm - 9.30pm
- Weekdays - £12 ph Ltd
- Week Nights - £12.50 ph
- Weekends - £13 ph Ltd
Location - Rushden, Cambridgeshire
A residential service which offers support for up to 6 service users both children and adults under 65 with Autism, learning difficulties and challenging behaviours relating.
When starting this position, you will receive a 2 week induction training course which will equip you with the necessary skills effectively support the service users in all areas of their support.
Person-centred methods are applied with the residents in supporting their individual goals and detailed care plans toward living as independently as possible with the daily restrictions to their quality of life they have to live with. We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic in supporting those that need additional care with a minimum of 6 months relevant paid experience within a similar setting. This home is well established with a CQC rating of "Good" following all regulation and care principles top the highest of standards.
- Supporting service users to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner including utilising the use of the service facilities.
- Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of service users.
- Safeguarding procedures for service users
- Supporting new team members
- Maintain accurate and detailed records - preparing and implementing detailed care plans, risk assessments, writing daily reports.
- Preferable to have NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care or Care Certificate.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in the sector.
- Flexible to meet specific patterns of the service.
- Preferable to have a valid DBS.
- Preferable to be a driver .
Benefits of Service Care Solutions:
- £150 sign-up bonus for qualified staff
- Referral bonus of £250
- Approved supplier to over 400 organisations nationwide
- Subsidised training / FREE mandatory training
- Dedicated and experienced one-to-one consultant support
- Competitive rates of pay for temporary and fixed contract work
- Opportunity for future career development
- CV writing service
- Interview techniques coaching
- Loyalty reward scheme
To apply, please contact Tom Millar on 01772 208963, or send your CV directly across to firstname.lastname@example.org