Lewisham, London, England
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
£34,120 - £36,190 per year DOE
About our client:
Our client creates places for people to call home and supports them to live well. With a range of services and expertise, our client helps people with their housing, care, and support needs. The organization is committed to making a genuine difference in people's lives every day.
About the Role:
As a Team Manager in the Homelessness and Prevention team, you will supervise a mixed staff team and ensure the delivery of high-quality services to young people in supported living homes. This role involves providing support and advice to staff, managing performance, ensuring contract compliance, and liaising with partner agencies and stakeholders.
- Supervise a mixed staff team and ensure the delivery of high-quality services.
- Provide support and advice to staff, managing performance issues when necessary.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and staff are informed about strategic goals.
- Hold responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure all staff receive appropriate induction, training, and development opportunities.
- Participate in the management on-call rota.
- Carry out regular audits of service provision, including health and safety.
- Liaise effectively with partner agencies and stakeholders.
- Ensure contract compliance, monitoring, and service satisfaction.
- Promote customer involvement, choice, and diversity.
- Actively promote the service to internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements to Succeed:
- Relevant experience working with young people and parents/families.
- Proficiency in report writing.
- Experience liaising with professional networks, including Social Services, Youth Offending Team (YOT), and safeguarding teams.
- Good understanding of parenting assessments and early years foundation.
- Previous management experience in a social care setting.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for adults and children.
- Experience working within an assessment and support planning process relevant to the customer group.
Benefits and package:
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Season ticket loans and Cycle2Work scheme.
- Two days off on full pay each year for volunteering.
- Healthcare cashback plan for you and your family.
- Colleague recognition programme.
- One Academy for learning and development.
- Employee assistance programme for counselling and support.
- Up to five paid days off per year for studying toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break after 3 years' continuous service.
If this Team Manager worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Team Manager role, please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Team Manager role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.