Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm(Hybrid role 4 days in the office,1 from home)
As a Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer, you will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day management of temporary accommodation in Ashford. Your responsibilities include ensuring the timely placement of clients in suitable properties, managing documentation, and maximizing the efficient use of available accommodation.
- Collaborate with the Allocation Team to ensure an adequate supply of temporary accommodation.
- Ensure accommodation meets health and safety standards through site visits and document collection.
- Manage transfers within the temporary accommodation stock to maximize supply effectiveness.
- Coordinate the sign-up process for temporary accommodation placements.
- Ensure completion of housing benefits, welfare forms, and referrals with necessary documentation.
- Set up rent accounts, provide details to applicants, and explain rental payment expectations.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience managing rent accounts/debt collection.
- Knowledge of housing benefit processes and eligibility criteria.
- Outline knowledge of Homelessness legislation and Housing Policy.
- Understanding of safeguarding.
- Willingness to undertake visits to temporary accommodation units following a health and safety risk assessment.
- Initiative, a methodical approach, and the ability to follow through complex tasks.
- Flexibility in attitude and manner to deal appropriately with various people and service situations.
- Confident decision-maker.
Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer requirements.
- Enhanced DBS
- Tendency sustainment
- Knowledge of welfare benefits
- Previous experience in working with Homeless
This is a temporary, Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer, 35 hours per week for an initial 3 months, covering the recruitment process for a permanent team member, meaning the role could be extended, or become permanent.
If this Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer role , please send your CV mickey . stepans @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Temporary Accommodation Allocations Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region.
Top of Form