Join Surrey Police as an Investigating Officer!
Surrey Police is currently seeking dedicated individuals for Investigating Officer positions within the West Surrey investigation teams. We have openings for PIP 1 investigators in either our Domestic Abuse team or our Neighbourhood Policing Investigation teams, based at Guildford Police Station.
- Manage your own case load of PIP1 cases from reporting to trial, including tasks such as taking statements, interviewing suspects, gathering evidence, and presenting case files to the CPS.
- Safeguard individuals, bring perpetrators to justice, and prevent further harm through thorough investigations and attention to detail.
- Collaborate with various teams within Surrey Police and external partners to ensure investigations meet high evidential standards and comply with relevant legislation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in investigations and conducting interviews.
- Working knowledge of criminal law and the criminal justice system.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to empathize with different communities.
- Proficiency in operating computer database systems or willingness to undergo training.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of legislation such as PACE and CPIA, as well as the impact of diversity and inclusion.
- A full and valid driving license.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Research skills, attention to detail, and innovative thinking.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in our communities and contribute to the safety and well-being of individuals. Working hours are generally Monday to Friday office hours with flexibility.
To express your interest or for further information, please contact Lewis Ashcroft at firstname.lastname@example.org.