Job Title: Young People's Substance Misuse Practitioner
Location: Harrow London
Salary: £27,180 - £31,335 (salary includes £4.5k London Weighting Allowance )
Hours: Full time (37 hours)
About the role
Our client provides substance misuse treatment for young people in the London Borough of Harrow. The service is set up to provide and deliver all elements of the treatment system.
The service has been providing structured and targeted interventions to young people engaging in or at risk of substance misuse. The post holder will work on an outreach basis across the area including visiting schools, working with the Metropolitan Police, the Children and Families service, the YOT and Northwick Park Hospital as well as other agencies.
The role will involve supporting young people away from engaging in substance misuse and providing them with skills and coping strategies to manage their recovery journey, delivering 1-1 and group work interventions, targeted outreach to engage 'hard-to-reach' young people and delivery of professional workforce development packages to partner agencies.
Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week, which will include at least one evening per week and Saturdays on a monthly rota.
Holding a relevant qualification in substance misuse/youth work/psychology/counselling/ mental health/social care, you will also:
- Have experience of working with at risk/vulnerable young people in a community setting
- Be able to deliver behaviour change support, including group work
- Be knowledgeable about: safeguarding children, confidentiality, consent and mental capacity and Hidden Harm
- Adopt a flexible approach to work - hours and locations
In return, they offer a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and OH Service
- Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities and Career Progression
- Generous Contributory Pension scheme
- Life Assurance