Accommodation Support Officer
Temporary Accommodation Service
3 month contract
9-5 Monday to Friday
A local authority in Doncaster are recruiting for an Accommodation Support Officer to provide support to their residents who have been, or are at risk of, homelessness, whilst in temporary accommodation.
As an Accommodation Support Officer, you play a crucial role in preventing and relieving homelessness by finding suitable Interim Accommodation for customers in relief duty. Your primary responsibility is to place customers into Interim Accommodation and provide support to move them into independent living, as well as the following:
- Ensure Temporary Accommodation is well-equipped, clean, and in good repair.
- Find suitable alternative Temporary Accommodation for customers where needs cannot be met with current stock.
- Conduct sign-ups, apply for Housing Benefit, and make customers aware of their responsibilities and rights.
- Manage Temporary Accommodation, addressing tenancy issues, enforcing agreements, and preparing legal enforcement actions when necessary.
- Support customers in moving from Temporary Accommodation to settled accommodation, maximizing rental income and adhering to company policies.
To apply for this Accommodation Support Officer, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Part 6 and 7 of the Housing Act and practical experience in using homeless legislation, including housing law, policies, and practices.
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity, health and safety, value for money, and legislative requirements affecting private sector housing.
- Experience working with internal and external agencies, applying policies, and procedures related to tenancy enforcement and income management.
- Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment, including home visits.
- A full UK driving license and access to a vehicle for business usage.
- Ability to work with vulnerable and diverse client groups, addressing issues promptly and sensitively.
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Proficient in data collection and analysis.
- Excellent IT skills, including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and email usage.
This is a temporary Accommodation Support Officer role, working 5 days per week (37.5 hours) on an initial 3 month contract, with a good chance of being extended, or potentially made permanent.
If this Accommodation Support Officer role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Accommodation Support Officer role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01 772 20 89 66 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Accommodation Support Officer role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region