I am currently recruiting on behalf of a local authority for an Accountant in Staffordshire (Fully Remote) to support the Investment, Property and Regeneration Division which includes areas such as Property & Estates, Commercial Property, Regeneration, Planning and Culture & Events.
LOCATION: Staffordshire (Fully Remote)
CONTRACT: 6 months (Ongoing)
RATE: £600-700 per day UMBRELLA (Flexible for the right candidate)
**Please note that this role is a remote working position but there is option for office or hybrid working if you would prefer this**
The Role of Accountant
- Provide resilient and robust financial support to all services, underpinning the Councils Stronger Together priorities.
- Advice to senior officers and budget managers
- Ensuring budgets are accurate and correctly reported and funding is clear
- Systems and processes that underpin that support are adequate and appropriate
The Person required for Accountant.
- Qualified CCAB accountant or equivalent qualification.
- Has previous experience in a similar role within a Council and understanding of local government financial accounting
- Sound understanding on complex commercial contractual arrangements and payment mechanisms
- Has well-developed networking, advocacy, oral, written and presentational skills with the ability to represent the Councils policies and views to stakeholders.
- Developed analytical skills to enable interpretation and development of contractual documentation and translation into operational practice.
Benefits of the Principal Accountant Role
- Role is long term cover so there is some stability within the department and post.
- Remote working with office/hybrid options if this would be preferable.
If you are interested in the role of Accountant, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Tim at Service Care Solutions
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.