Job title - Accounts Payable Business Partner
Location - Wembley, London
Contract - 12 Month fixed term
Hours - Full time 35 hours per week
Salary - £37,050
The Role Summary
A new opportunity has opened for a Accounts Payable Business Partner at a local housing association to act as a true partner to the operations teams and apply their excellent written and verbal communications skills to build robust relationships with colleagues in the rest of the organisation and with suppliers
Your key duties within the role will include:
- Work closely with colleagues in providing a proactive, flexible, customer focused Accounts Payable service solution
- Process all payments (including non-invoice-based payments) in line with the policies and procedures whilst ensuring all suspense accounts are cleared in a timely fashion
- Draw on your analytical skills to prepare presentation material in sufficient detail to be understood by non-finance staff and be presented to colleagues across the business as and when required.
- Attend Management Team meetings and deliver P2P reports which explain the performance of the area which you are in charge of, identifying and explaining trends in performance within the Accounts Payable function.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and external suppliers to ensure all queries are dealt with promptly and brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Work with other finance colleagues and operations staff to resolve payment related issues, manage this through status reporting and communicate these outcomes to suppliers and internal stakeholders as and when required.
- Run weekly exception reports - for example on unapproved Purchase Orders, GRNs not raised, where GRNs are not invoiced and similar checks to assist the operations teams in meeting the requirements of a successful payments process.
- Daily Processing BACS returns and CHAPS payments onto the correct supplier account
- Running the OCR process daily to ensure invoices are matched with purchase orders or sent for processing as non-POs
- AAT, CCAB or CIMA Part-Qualified or equivalent. (Essential)
- Excellent, clear communication both written and verbal, interaction and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to details and organisational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Confident presentation and influencing skills.
- Proven ability in managing suppliers' accounts, including regular reconciliations and liaison with credit control departments.
- Hands on knowledge of Sun systems. (Desirable)
- A demonstrable commitment to customer service with a positive 'can do', enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Strong track record in improving existing standards.
- Demonstrable experience in relationship and stakeholder management. (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with operations teams.
- Experience of challenging working practices and working in a high volume intensive environment.
- Experience in the use of integrated computerised accounting systems.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Lewis at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com