Job Title: Arrears Officer x2
Type: Temp ongoing
Hours: 40 hours a week flexibility offered Mon - Fri
Location: Birmingham, REMOTE WORKING
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Birmingham, who are looking for someone to service to ensure rent income is maximised, rent accounts effectively monitored and appropriate action taken together with the aim of sustaining tenancies/licenses.
You'll be expected to lead on arrears management guiding Area Managers, Service Leads, and their teams in the delivery of a high performing, customer orientated housing management landlord service. This will involve coaching, supporting, and developing project workers, housing management workers and supported housing assistants as well as more experienced staff.
- Monitor rent arrears across the area (s) on a regular basis, taking action where needed and identifying concerns and issues to the HM and operational managers and front-line staff as appropriate.
- Provide support and advice to front line staff on maximising rent income through successful housing benefit claims, third party deductions, repayment agreements and if appropriate the necessary enforcement action.
- Ensure record keeping, systems and databases are accurate and up to date, and that information is accessible across the services.
- Maximise rent collection, ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained, taking proactive action to minimise rent arrears in line with targets.
- To provide advice and assistance to housing teams with rent arrears and housing benefit cases. This may involve direct contact with the resident.
- Provide advocacy on behalf of residents with housing benefit authorities where appropriate.
- Support housing staff in ensuring they have an understanding of the rent monitoring element of the IT system, providing advice and assistance on its correct use as appropriate.
- Previous experience in a role dealing with arrears in a housing environment.
- Excellent IT skills
- Microsoft package proficient
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com