Job Title: Assessment and Resettlement Officer
Type: Temp ongoing
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Ashford, who are looking for someone to assist with the successful delivery and implementation of the Ashford Homelessness & Rough Sleeper Strategy. You'll be expected to provide support and assistance to single homelessness people and rough sleepers to get them off the street and to enable and empower them to live in their own homes.
- To help deliver the actions contained within the Ashford Homelessness & Rough Sleeping Strategy and other relevant local and national strategies.
- To work intensively with entrenched rough sleepers, working closely with voluntary and statutory sector providers in finding solutions.
- To form partnerships with internal and external colleagues, including social services, occupational therapists, education services, support workers, hospitals, and other medical professionals.
- To detect and report any incidents of suspected fraud to the relevant senior officer and to liaise with other departments such as the Corporate Anti-Fraud Team and Housing Benefit.
- To engage identified rough sleepers, through early and late street outreach sessions. Initiating contact with the target group of rough sleepers, establishing a trusting relationship.
- To deliver a client focused service which undertakes holistic support needs, risk assessments and identifies appropriate support for clients.
- Minimum 2 'A' Levels (or equivalent) or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English and Mathematics at Grade C or relevant experience.
- A qualification in one or more of the following areas:- Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Safeguarding, Trauma Informed Care.
- At least 2 years' experience working with entrenched rough sleepers or people with high support needs.
- Experience of working with support plans and taking an holistic approach with clients.
- Flexibility to regularly work outside of normal office hours (Mon-Fri, 9-5) as required.
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with partner agencies, community and faith-based groups.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to email@example.com