I am currently recruiting on behalf of a local authority for an Assistant Accountant in West Midlands (Hybrid) to support the Children's Services Capital programme monitoring and reporting within the Council.
ROLE: Assistant Accountant
LOCATION: West Midlands (Hybrid)
CONTRACT: 5 months (Ongoing) Part Time for 20 hours per week
RATE: £20+ per hour UMBRELLA (May be flexible for the right candidate):
The Role of Assistant Accountant
- Contribute to supporting budget setting, forecasting and/or monitoring and year-end processes.
- Analyse and effectively interpret detailed information gained from a range of sources and apply necessary judgement to provide accurate, concise, meaningful and timely outputs/returns as required.
- Ensure that all financial policies, processes, practices and systems are managed and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements.
- Develop mutually beneficial internal/external working relationships to share/exchange information/experience/expertise/best practices and to obtain feedback on the effectiveness of service delivery.
The Person required for Assistant Accountant.
- MAAT qualification or equivalent
- Local Government finance experience within a similar service area
Benefits of the Assistant Accountant Role
- Role is long term so there is some stability within the department and post.
- A nice mix of working arrangements as role is hybrid working with only minor office attendance and very flexible.
If you are interested in the role of Assistant Accountant, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Tim at Service Care Solutions
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed.