ROLE: Band 3 Mental Healthcare Assistant
LOCATION: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
PAY RATES: £12.00p/h ltd. to £22.00p/h ltd.
DURATION: Ongoing, AdHoc Basis
SHIFT PATTERNS: Long Days 07.30-20.30, Earlies 07.30-13.30, Lates 12.30-08.30, Nights 20.20-07.40
We are looking for a highly experienced Mental Health Care Assistant to work within the NHS in Newcastle. The successful candidate will be assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans, undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the well-being, dignity and treatment of all patients.
The role will involve:
* Observing and monitoring the well-being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
* Providing specific interventions with patients as delegated by the Nurse.
* Developing and maintaining good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
The successful candidate will have at least 12 months' experience working as a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker in a mental health role, preferably in a ward or inpatient environment. Experience in Control and Restraint or PMVA training is beneficial.
You could benefit from working for Service Care Solutions with:
* £150 sign-up bonus for qualified workers
* Dedicated and experienced one-to-one consultant support
* Competitive rates of pay for temporary and fixed contract work
* FREE enhanced DBS check
* FREE occupational health checks and immunisations
* CV writing service
* Interview techniques coaching
* Regular post-placement follow-ups
* Subsidised training / FREE mandatory training for certain roles
* FREE uniform for certain roles
* Approved supplier to over 400 organisations nationwide
* Loyalty reward scheme
* Referral bonus of £250
* Opportunity for future career development
* Candidate welcome pack (coming soon)
*Do you know someone who would be interested in this role? We offer a £250 referral bonus per successful candidate that is referred*
This role is available for an immediate start please forward your CV as soon as possible to apply.