One of the largest housing associations in Essex is recruiting for a Care & Support Worker to join their team in Colchester and Tendring, to provide a care and support service to their residents in their own homes.
The focus of this Care & Support Worker role is to provide care and support to people on a short-term basis to prevent them from going into hospital or to support them when they are discharged from hospital, as well as whilst they are waiting for a longer-term care package to be put in place:
The key responsibilities of this Care & Support Worker role will be to:
- Provide person centred care to our customers, helping them with their medication, personal care, moving and handling and promoting independence.
- Have conversations with our customers to make a service that makes a difference to their lives
- Record the support provided and your interactions with our customers at each visit
- Work with the customers, family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate to ensure that their goals are being met and they are happy with the support we provide
To be considered for this Care & Support Worker role you will require previous experience in a care and support role, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Full, clean UK license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent social skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Passion about meeting a person's needs in a way that they want them to be met
- Basic IT skills, use of email and to be able to update activity on our care app
Due to the vulnerable nature of the service users, you will require an enhanced DBS for this role.
This is can be a full time or part time Care & Support Worker role, working on shifts of 07:00 to 15:00 / 15:00 to 23:00 on a rota basis. The role is initially on a temporary contract, with an excellent chance of becoming permanent.
If this Care & Support Worker role is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who may be interested, please pass on their details, or forward these details to them.
If they are successful in applying, you will receive a £250 referral bonus upon completion of an initial probationary period.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Care & Support Worker role, please send your CV lee . mc millan @ service care . org . uk or call me on 01772 208 966 discuss the vacancy in more detail.
Also, if this Care & Support Worker role doesn't interest you, but you are looking for new opportunities, please still get in touch as I cover all housing-related vacancies across the region