We have an exciting opportunity for a Care Coordinator to help support carers to access a range of statutory and non-statutory support including carer's assessments, information, advice and support networks.
Completing assessments of carers needs in line with the statutory framework and ensuring detailed records are maintained.
Working closely with local carers groups and individuals to develop asset-based approaches and community support to carers.
- To carry out carers assessments and identify needs and risks to individual carers, according to their assessed needs. Referring or transferring to other appropriate services.
- Identifying and taking account of other agencies and community networks which may assist in the assessment and in meeting the needs of the carer as part of their assessment.
- Develop care plans which meet the carers identified needs including the provision of information, advice, personal budgets, or access to carers services. Ensuring providers are advised and informed of any changes to the carers support needs.
- To provide carers with appropriate information about services, charges and welfare benefits to enable them to make informed choices and to inform them of the department's complaints procedure.
- To carry out reviews, when necessary, in line with statutory and departmental policies and procedures, to re-evaluate the needs of the carer to ensure that services provided are adequate, effective and appropriate.
- To ensure that care files are compiled and maintained and that appropriate, accurate and factual information is recorded in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- To raise awareness of carers needs through the provision of training to health, social care and district staff or groups.
- Develop links and liaise with statutory, voluntary and independent organisation and existing carer groups/networks to promote the well-being of carers and keep up to date with new service develops to support carers across the Oldham borough.
- To ensure that services reflect the special needs of individuals from minority communities and from other groups of vulnerable people who are socially disadvantaged.
If you are interested, please call Chris Richardson on 01772 208964 or email me your CV - Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly to our engaged and devoted team and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.
The benefits of working with SCS:
- A specialist, dedicated Social Work consultant offering single point of contact
- Exceptional referral bonuses - £250 per referral placed in to work!
- An extensive & exclusive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Nationwide provider Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities.
- Payroll service twice a week.
- Ltd and PAYE payment options available.
- Annual training budget of up to £250 and continued online CPD training.
- Excellent Annual Loyalty schemes / bonuses.
- DBS disclosures provided via fast-track online services free of charge.