Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Commissioning and Procurement Officer (Locality Team) in Kingston
The Council is focused on delivering the best possible outcomes for its communities. To do this the Council needs employees who thrive in an agile and networked organisation and who can support continuous improvement within a constructive organisational culture.
The role reports directly to the Commissioning and Procurement Manager and is responsible for supporting the Council in undertaking a wide range of procurement services in support of stakeholders, achieving Best Value using professional procurement skills, and aligning procurement activity of organisational goals. To contribute to the effective running of the Council's corporate procurement function.
- Providing professional commissioning and procurement project support to commissioning leads across the Council
- Carrying out tenders and requests for quotations to achieve Best Value and contribute to cost savings including establishing project teams when appropriate for the purpose, Influencing preparation of specifications. Undertaking and coordinating evaluation of submissions, carry out financial checks and investigate references for potential suppliers. Communicating with potential suppliers regarding clarifications and results.
- Maintaining procurement issue and risks logs and any other documentation required in the delivery of the procurement activities.
- Managing projects on the e-tendering portal and preparing tender documentation
- Understanding market research for potential requirements analysing data and producing summaries to drive a focus on the most efficient and effective use of resources to inform commissioning plans.
- Supporting the procurement governance/gateway process to ensure timely and informed commercial decisions.
Weekly Hours - 36
Assignment Duration - Initially 3 months.
Weekly Hours: 09:00-17.00
This is an exciting opportunity, and the role will include:
- Flexible working to manage your own diary
- Daily Pay rates
For this position you must also have:
- Experience in working e-tendering systems
- Relevant procurement experiences
Working with Service Care Solutions offers many benefits including:
- A specialist consultant within an experienced Social Work recruitment team
- Consistently excellent rates of pay
- An extensive range of Social Work vacancies across the UK
- Payroll service twice a week
- Personal on-going training budgets
- Registrations and DBS paid for by us
If you are interested in applying for this role or if you would like information about any roles in your area please call Matthew at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Matthew.Nicholson@servicecare.org.uk.
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So, if you know anyone who would be perfect for this role, and they are placed into work you receive £250 once their probationary period has been completed.