A Private Sector Construction Company based in Merseyside is currently looking for an Estimator to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a Full time, Hybrid working permanent role based in Merseyside, the ideal candidate will have experience in social housing Bid Management / Estimating.
The purpose of the role is to support the current team and commercial manger in analyse of current and future tenders.
- Analyse tender documentation (drawings, specification, scope of works)
- Take-off and quantify construction works from tender drawings and specifications to identify materials, labour, and equipment requirements ensuring that all relevant details are considered.
- Prepare and issue supply chain enquiries
- Chase and gather quotations from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Carry out analysis of returns quotations and identify most suitable solution.
- Collaborate with project managers, buyers and subcontractors to clarify project requirements and resolve discrepancies.
- Keep accurate records of all estimates, correspondence, and project-related documents.
- Attend preconstruction meetings to provide support to delivery team in explaining the estimating theory and assumptions.
- Support commercial team with any other estimating duties to ensure a quality, competitive and compliant bid is submitted.
- Experience in an estimating role
- Have knowledge of the construction industry and an good understanding of the estimating process
- Computer literature (particularly MS excel)
- Telephone skills i.e. confident and professional phone manner
- Produce accurate work
- Full driving license (Own method of transport (preferable))
- Willing to learn and desire to develop and progress
- Be flexible with working hours to meet deadlines as and when required
- Numerate with strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain focussed in a fast moving environment
- Proactive, personable and an excellent communicator
- Initiative and common-sense approach
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering between £50,000 - £60,000 per year + Car Allowance based on experience.
So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call James at Service Care Construction on 01772 208967