Service Care Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Delivery Driver to join our client who are a Housing Association covering large parts of Barnsley and the surrounding area.
As part of this role, you will be tasked with working in a Warehouse, Outdoor and Logistics setting while providing a professional, efficient and effective Stores Delivery Service.
This is a role where the candidate will work closely with the Stores Supervisor and Stores Assistants to deliver a comprehensive Delivery Service.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:-
- Drive vehicles up to and including 3½ tonnes carrying capacity.
- Carry out relevant vehicle checks to ensure that the vehicle meets with legislative road transport standards.
- Obtain vehicle fuel through the approved fuelling system.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Transport materials between the depot, properties and agreed locations around the Borough.
- Collect materials from our suppliers and deliver to locations around the Borough.
- Be responsible for ensuing all materials for delivery are secured on the vehicle using the appropriate straps, anchor points and containers.
- Ensure all areas of the Stores and yard is kept tidy and clear of rubbish.
- Load and unload materials, ensuring manual handling procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with picking orders for delivery.
- Ensure all uncollected /returned materials are labelled correctly.
- Assist in ensuring that Health and Safety legislation and good practice is complied with.
- Assist in developing and administering an effective delivery service across Construction Services
- Organise own workload, ensuring the most cost effective delivery route is taken.
- Operate mechanical lifting aids, including a forklift truck.
This is a full time position working 37 hours Monday to Friday.
We are seeking candidates who hold a Full UK Driving License and are able to demonstrate the above duties in a previous or current warehouse related role.
For further information on this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Prakash by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01772 208967.