Job Description: Design Engineering Manager
Contract Length: 18 months
Security Clearance: DV clearance required before application (NON-NEGOTIABLE)
Pay Rate: £50.47/hour - £67.81/hour UMB
We are seeking two Design Engineering Managers to join the AWE in Aldermaston on an 18-month contract. As a Design Engineering Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety, compliance, and efficiency of our facilities, infrastructure, and equipment.
As a Design Engineering Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a live safety case for a facility, including overseeing the production of engineering design substantiation and assessments.
- Demonstrating that existing and new assets are safe to operate and compliant with legislation, Nuclear Licence Conditions, standards, and requirements throughout their lifecycle.
- Providing leadership and management to a professional engineering service that supports the CASD Programme and the company's strategic goals.
- Collaborating across functions, acting as a liaison between the Facility, Safety Case Subject Matter Experts, and Technical Authorities.
Skills and Experience:
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Design or operational experience in a regulated environment (Nuclear, Gas, Oil, Rail, Pharma).
- Proven experience in a highly regulated environment, ensuring the quality and timely delivery of engineering design and outputs to support safe operations.
- Expertise in multi-discipline environments, overseeing engineering design and high-integrity asset guardianship throughout their lifecycle.
- The ability to articulate technical complexities, direct work, and guide teams to meet program requirements.
- Knowledge of safety-related legislation and standards, such as HSAWA and CDM, and their application if necessary.
- Experience in configuration and change control governance and implementation on a Nuclear licensed site, with a clear line of sight from maintenance results to the engineering schedule.
- Previous experience maintaining a live safety case.
- Proficiency in conducting assessments to support the Periodic Review of Safety.
For further information or inquiries, please contact Lewis at 01772 208962 or email Lewis.Ashcroft@Servicecare.org.uk.